Sunday, May 17, 2009

Little Ham







Little Prakase is a great kid. I found him by contacting Khenpo Tashi Kailash of the Kailashzone Charitable Foundation and viewing various images of the young monks. When you read some of the monks' backgrounds, you just want to know more and how you can help.


Looking over the images of the younger monks, I saw this tiny little kid. He was the smallest and youngest boy in the monastery. At the time Prakase was about 8 years old. He's far away from his family. He was offered to the monastery by his family for religious and cultural reasons. The way I see it, Prakase is there in India and should be cared about like any other kid. I'm not into his religious beliefs. I just want to make sure that he's in good health, has a nice and safe place to live, is getting a good education and above all is happy.


Prakase does respond to friendship and kindness. He has interacted with me through his images that he sends, Khenpo Tashi's email and has sent me a letter in English. Know that writing in English was not an easy task for the little guy.


Prakase can be seen hugging Khenpo Tashi's laptop, as a way of greeting me.




No comments:

Post a Comment